Sunday, February 21, 2010

Everybody-Ingrid Michaelson

So this past week has been positively delightful. Here in Cherokee County, our schools have this thing called Mid-Winter Break. basically, we get a week off in February for the pure heck of it. It's faaaaantastic. Nothing like relaxing just because you can.
Moving on,
My little sister made a comment in the car last night on the way to Dairy Queen that struck a chord with me. (She'll be reading this later thinking, "whaaat?" Kudos, Mal. You made it into my blog. Feel awesome?) Anyway, we were all discussing what dessert we were going order. Dad always gets one of two things: a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate or a Peanut Buster Parfait. Tonight, he was feelin like a PBF. My mother and I love those as well, so our choice was settled too. Mallory wanted an ice cream float from Rita's. (Yeahh, thats not easily found at your neighborhood Dairy Queen.) So she changed the subject by pointing out that the nail polish on her toenails matched the nail polish on my mother's fingernails, which made my mother point out that her nails matched the color of my father's phone. They all thought this to be truly magical. (No, seriously.) I just sat watching, laughing, and drinking in the sweet chaos of my family when Mallory stopped talking and squeezed my hand, saying, "Camille doesn't match anyone.... Yet."
Everyone just giggled. My mom said she'd paint my nails to match everyone else once we got home. It seemed I was the only one who had caught something deeper in that. Camille doesn't match anyone... Yet. I'd never quite heard it like that before. You see all those commercials for Match.com or ads flashing Let us find your perfect match!, and you cant help but wonder. (Well, at least I can't.) What does it take to be someone's match?
I'm a huge musical fan and PROUD of it. One that I simply adore is Fiddler On The Roof. There's one particular scene where the three sisters are all singing about their perfect (and not so perfect) 'matches'. You know the song... Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match! Find me a find, catch me a catch! ....Well if you didn't know, thats how it goes. I always think of that song when I hear the word 'match'.
The title song choice for this blog is Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson. (If you haven't heard her new album, which is titled Everybody, please go listen to it.) This song puts me in a great mood and makes complete sense.
Everybody, everbody wants to love.
Everybody, everbody wants to be loved.
Oh oh oh oh oh.
Oh oh oh oh oh.

Hah, I just sang that out loud and my cats looked at me like I'm crazy. I'm sure its only because of how great of a singer I am. (:
So the point of this blog was-So what? So what if you don't match anyone. Maybe you're not supposed to. Keep going as you are. If you change yourself to match someone now, then when your real match comes along, how will they know? (Deep, right?)
So yeah. Everybody wants to love, and everybody wants to be loved, and everybody wants someone who they match. Everybody should just chill, in my opinion. Turn on some good tunes and relax. You'll know when you find your match. Changing doesn't make them come any faster. Promise (: Besides- Playing with matches, a girl could get burned.

2 comments:

  1. i love you camilleee :)

    i'm so proud of you for doing this. for opening up and sharing your life and your walk with Christ with the world. i'm sure everyone that comes across your stories will feel security in knowing that there is someone, near or far, that is dealing with the same struggles as they are. you are awesome! :))

    p.s. come back to school!





    And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just in: we are soul mates and never knew it. everything you say is everything that is in my heart. i feel like it's about time we spend some time together because God would like that.

    ReplyDelete