Sunday, June 6, 2010

Overcome by Desperation Band

First off: hockey games are awesome.
Secondly: my best friends are the greaaaatest.
3rd: peaches.


I love Brandon Heath. If you've never listened to him before, please do. He's fantastic.


WARNING: THIS IS ABOUT TO GET REALLY PERSONAL. ITS MY TESTIMONY. K? K.

This song is a song that I honestly believe God had written with me in mind. No, seriously.


I came into highschool in a state of what I like to call "pure ignorance". It was not a bad thing. Many nights I've cried myself to sleep, wishing I could go back to feeling that way. I've even had one friend who witnessed the horrible ordeal remark, "I just miss the Camille that I became best friends with when we were 14. She glowed. Her confidence was palpable. She drew people to her. I miss her."

(Ouchhhh.)
It made me think, though.
And he was right.
I was different.

I worked at a summer camp the summer before freshman year. I was there for three weeks (represent Woodlands Camp!). I can honestly say it was one of the best summers of my life. I came into highschool full of God's joy and extremely prepared for anything God planned on throwing my way. Hah. No.

See, I'd never had trouble with boys. Why? They'd just never liked me. But I never cared. I was too busy with friends and youth group and teaching sunday school classes and soccer and school and a MILLION other things.
Freshman year changed that. I got my first boyfriend. And he was pretty awesome, haha. I also got a cellphone that year. And unlimited texting. And I just fell into this pattern.
Wake up. Text. School. Text. Home. Text. Phone call. Text. Sleep. Etc.
I got caught up in everything around me. And forgot.
I knew I was neglecting the God that I had so pursued just months before. But I also thought (being the key word here) that I was in love and happy and whateverrrr. I never even kissed the guy, so I guess I thought I was making up for my mistakes by not making worse ones. Life was bliss... Until God decided to wake me up.

I don't want to go into the details. It's doesn't matter anymore. If you're reading this, I've totally forgiven you. I'm not bringing it up to upset you. But this is a major part in my story.

It ended. And it was ugly. And my heart shattered. You think I'm exaggerating? Ask any of my best friends. They'll tell you. I was a wreck.
And then I did the worst possible thing that I could've done. I blamed God.
This is obviously His fault. I'd given Him my life, and He'd decided to ruin it through this to get back at me. He didn't care. He was spiteful. And so was I.
So I faked it. I faked that I was okay. I faked it at church. I faked at school. I faked it with my friends. I even faked it with my family. I thought I was so smart. I even had myself fooled. I thought I had God fooled. After all, I'm the one who had her heart broken. I'm the one that had to deal with the pain of trying to put it back together.

That summer was the worst summer of my life.

I was bitter. Cynical. Even cruel, especially to those who cared about me and tried to help. I'm sorry guys. Really.

And then I decided to go back to Woodlands and work again before school started. I had an awesome time. But I never really let anything seep into my heart. Until the last night. We had this night of worship. And they played this song.

I can't explain the feeling. But it hurt. All over. And I couldn't figure out why I was hurting. I had built walls to protect myself from this. I had promised myself I'd never heart like that again. I was too strong for this.
I was wrong.

Thats the night that I realized something.

You know when you break a bone, your body immediately starts to fuse the bones together? Often times, doctors have to re-break bones because the bones had tried to go back together, but had done so incorrectly.

I tried to put my heart back together myself.
And failed miserably.
But Jesus. My Jesus cared so deeply for me and wanted my heart beating regularly again that He did what He had to do.

He re-broke it.

And it hurt like you wouldn't believe.
It was then that I gave up. I was tired. I was so tired of faking it. I was so tired of working so hard to make my heart work when it wasn't actually fixed. And I just let Him hold me all night. And He put it back together.


Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind
God's only son, perfect and spotless one
He never sinned, but suffered as if he did

All authority, every victory is Yours
All authority, every victory is Yours


Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever, awesome and great is Your name,
You overcame


Power in hand, speaking the Father's plan
You're sending us out, light in this broken land

All authority, every victory is Yours
All authority, every victory is Yours


Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever, awesome and great is Your name,
You overcame


We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome





And thats it.




Nah, I'm just kidding. :) Jesus is still putting my heart together everytime I let it crack. But each time He's taught me a lesson that I needed. And I'm sure He's gonna do it again. But I know its because He loves me.

So if any of you have walls up for any reason, whether it be similar to mine or completely different, listen for a second.
Let them fall.

I cannot even begin to explain the sweet reunion you'll experience with your Savior once you do. It changed my life. And I will forever testify.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? -Matthew 6:26.


You mean more than a sparrow.
Than all of the sparrows that have ever lived.
And yet, He watches out for them.

Can you not see how much He cares for you?
Open your eyes.




We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome

2 comments:

  1. I love you...you are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille, I am so ridiculously proud of you and the woman of God that you are becoming. you amaze me and bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. God is already doing such incredible things with you and I can't wait to see what else He has in store. I love you sweet girl. thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete