Sunday, March 14, 2010

I AM by Ginny Owens

Ever feel like you're just too small, too flawed, too insignificant for God to truly use? Don't fret. You're in good company.

No Lord, he said, you've got the wrong guy,
Simple conversation gets me tongue-tied.
And you're telling me to speak with a maniac king,
Or could it be I've lost my mind?

Besides, I am weak, don't you want someone strong
To lead them out of Egypt when they've been there so long.
And anyway, they wont believe You ever spoke to me.
It's not your problem, God replied
And the rest is history...


Moses. Moses was a Hebrew, born into slavery. His mother wove a basket, set him into the Nile River, and trusted God. Pharoahs wife found him, drew him from the water, and he became a Prince of Egypt. Then, he found out his true identity. He accidentally murdered an Egyptian soldier for beating a Hebrew slave too harshly. He didn't face his fears and consequences; he ran. A murderering slave that flees from responsibility. And he saved God's chosen people from obliteration.

Now Lord, are you sure? He's just a shepherd boy.
Too small for battle gear, with a giant to destroy.
What on earth can he do with five stones and a sling?
It's not your problem, God replied,
'Cause I can do anything...


David. A small, shepherd boy. God used him in extreme ways. He defeated Goliath with a SLING SHOT. I couldn't defeat a squirrel with a sling shot. And after that, David had to hide from Saul and persecution. When he finally did become King, David stumbled numerous tiems with other religions and adultery while his family suffered. You wanna know what he's called? A man after God's own heart. His OWN heart. David did some great things and made some great mistakes. But he always returned to God. His Psalms cry out for forgiveness and mercy, and still touch the lives of millions.


Great Lord, she said, I'm just a simple girl.
You say that I will bring your son into the world.
How can I understand this thing You're gonna do?
It's not your problem, God replied,
For I have chosen you.


Mary. A simple, sweet, faithful girl. She was about fifteen, or maybe sixteen. Younger than I am. And an angel came to tell her she was to carry and give birth to God's son, who would eventually save the world. I can't even imagine. Literally, how does someone react to that? I'd say, WAAAAIT A MINUTE. I'm Camille. Remember? (As if God could have actually forgotten my name or made a mistake.)

These three people thought themselves completely unworthy. And rightfully so, For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. -Romans 3:23. Still, God chose these three regular, sinful people to carry out some of his greatest works. Moses parted the Red Sea. David used his problems to write Psalms that are still true today. And Mary brought God's son into the world, His greatest work.
Don't think for one second that God can't use you.
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

There's a bigger picture you can't see,
You don't have to change the world, just trust in Me,
'Cause I am your Creator, I am working out my plan
And through you, I will show them I AM.


God uses even the most insignificant people. Trust me, I would know.

1 comment:

  1. I just might need to download that song. Love this post...Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete